Based in Manchester, UK
October 8th 2015
Sublevel Zero is a zero-g, six-degree-of-freedom roguelike shooter set in a universe where reality is falling apart. Step into the cockpit of a lone gunship and navigate your way through a labyrinth of procedurally-generated 3D levels, puzzles and foes to source valuable ancient artefacts. Descend into a vast underground facility in your mission to loot and craft ancient technology which holds the key to your clan’s survival. VR support for Oculus Rift and HTC Vive allows you to dive into this fully 3D world in a whole new way. [br][br] Inspired by gaming classics such as Descent and Forsaken as well as contemporary shooters like Teleglitch, Sublevel Zero’s gravity-defying combat is driven by modern looting and crafting. Every shot and every decision counts as you navigate each hazard before it is too late. The emphasis is on survival and ammunition is scarce so you will need to strengthen your tactics, adaptability and skill in order to survive enemy encounters.
Sublevel Zero started life during Ludum Dare 29. Having been discussing roguelikes and the unfortunate demise of 6DoF shooters, the team decided to combine the concepts to create something fresh. Placing 21st of thousands of entries and having received a lot of intensely positive feedback from genre fans and newcomers alike, a prototype was born from the jam build to test and flesh out further aspects of the game. [br][br] A year later, we released Sublevel Zero on PC, Mac and Linux. A remastered version for PS4 and Xbox One, Sublevel Zero Redux, followed in 2017, and we're now working on the imminent release of VR support for Oculus Rift and HTC Vive.
- Classic 6-degree-of-freedom combat, driven by modern looting and crafting
- An unforgiving roguelike core of procedural generation and permadeath
- Stylised low-poly, pixel art aesthetics
- Oculus Rift and HTC Vive support
- 8-bit inspired sound design and soundtrack
Launch Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Shortlisted for a BAFTA for Best Debut Game 2016"
- "Finalist for Audio Achievement" Develop Awards 2016
- "Nominated for Best Action and Adventure Game" TIGA Awards 2016
- "Nominated for Best Arcade Game" TIGA Awards 2016
- "Nominated for Best Creative Gameplay" TIGA Awards 2016
- "Nominated for Best Debut Game" TIGA Awards 2016
- "Nominated for Best Audio Design" TIGA Awards 2016
- "Selected for Indie Megabooth" PAX Prime 2015
- "We're convinced - this is the closest thing yet to the original Descent experience that you're going to find"
- Ars Technica,
- "Sublevel Zero loves Descent as much as you do"
- "This compelling hybrid of both fast-paced action with deep-strategic gameplay is very much unlike anything I've played in a roguelike"
- "This isn't just any roguelike game, it's a calculated equation of how to pull off the technique with success"
- The Escapist,
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Original Soundtrack by Will Bedford
Available to stream and buy from music.willbedfordmusic.co.uk.
Sigtrap* is a tiny indie developer in the north of England. Founded by Luke Thompson and Gary Lloyd in 2014, we make focused, no-filler games. Our debut title is Sublevel Zero - a roguelike 6-degree-of-freedom shooter which mixes retro zero-g action with procedural generation, looting and crafting. [br][br] [i]* not Sig Trap or SigTrap - this hurts our fee-fees[/i]
More information on Sigtrap, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Sublevel Zero Credits
Designer & Coder, Sigtrap
Designer & Artist, Sigtrap
Procedural Coder, Freelancer
Sound Designer, Freelancer