Based in Manchester, UK
Press / Business contact:
The Sharp Project
Manchester M40 5BJ
+44 (0) 7986 665 528
Sigtrap* is a tiny indie developer in the north of England. Founded by Luke Thompson and Gary Lloyd in 2014, we make focused, no-filler games. Our debut title is Sublevel Zero - a roguelike 6-degree-of-freedom shooter which mixes retro zero-g action with procedural generation, looting and crafting.
* not Sig Trap or SigTrap - this hurts our fee-fees
Sigtrap was founded by Luke Thompson and Gary Lloyd after the development of Ludum Dare 29 entry Sublevel Zero. With Mastertronic acquiring publishing rights for a full game based on the entry, Sigtrap was set up to develop Sublevel Zero with a view to creating more games in the future.
Sublevel Zero was released in October 2015 to critical and commercial success. Unfortunately, Mastertronic was dissolved shortly thereafter. Forced to fend for itself, Sigtrap struck a deal with Merge Games to publish a remastered version for PS4 and Xbox One, Sublevel Zero Redux, released in March 2017.Founders
Lead coder Luke Thompson became a developer after completing his PhD in Physics at the University of Manchester. Realising that programming was one of the most rewarding parts of his research, Luke decided to start taking his hobby of game development seriously. After finding a place in the growing indie dev scene in Manchester while working in web development, one thing led to another. Lead artist Gary Lloyd studied Game Design at Huddersfield University, and taking a sabbatical working for Huddersfield-based studio HyperSloth Games gave him the experience needed to helm a project of his own. Meeting the other future members of the Sublevel Zero team through the HudDevField group, Gary quickly made himself indispensible.
Sublevel Zero Launch Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for Sigtrap, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Sigtrap Ltd: Finalist for Best New Studio" - Develop Awards 2016
- "Sublevel Zero: Finalist for Audio Achievement" - Develop Awards 2016
- "Sublevel Zero: Shortlisted for a BAFTA for Best Debut Game 2016" -
- "Sublevel Zero: Nominated for Best Action and Adventure Game" - TIGA Awards 2016
- "Sublevel Zero: Nominated for Best Arcade Game" - TIGA Awards 2016
- "Sublevel Zero: Nominated for Best Creative Gameplay" - TIGA Awards 2016
- "Sublevel Zero: Nominated for Best Debut Game" - TIGA Awards 2016
- "Sublevel Zero: Nominated for Best Audio Design" - TIGA Awards 2016
- "Sigtrap Ltd: Best Windows VR Game" - Jamchester Game Jam 2016
- "Sublevel Zero: Selected for Indie Megabooth" - PAX Prime 2015
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Designer & Coder, Sigtrap
Designer & Artist, Sigtrap